- A roleplaying game designed for all ages to enjoy, that excels as an introduction to the hobby. Includes a solo play graphic novel so that you can start playing within moments of opening the box!
- Includes everything you need to play in the box – character sheets, dice, kitty treats, rulebooks, a hometown setting, and your first adventure!
- The elegantly simply rules system puts the emphasis on storytelling and supports a setting and characters that players are familiar with and love from the start.
The World of Magical Kitties
Every Magical Kitty has a human. Every human has a Problem. In Magical Kitties Save the Day, you need to use your magical powers to solve problems and save the day. But kitties live in Hometowns that are filled with witches, aliens, hyper-intelligent raccoons, and other foes. They make human problems worse, so the kitties need to go on adventures to stop them before that can happen.
Magical Kitties Save the Day is a roleplaying game designed for all-ages. Older players — whether they’re parents, babysitters, teachers, or older siblings — can be the Game Master for kids as young as six-years-old and everyone else who loves kitties. If you’ve been looking for a way to introduce your friends and family to roleplaying games, Magical Kitties is the game you’ve been looking for.
You’ve never played a roleplaying game, either? Purr-fect! Magical Kitties includes a lot of tools — including a solo play graphic novel so that you can start playing within moments of opening the box! — and guidance for both first-time roleplayers and first-time GMs. Whether you’ve played board games with roleplaying elements before, watched actual play videos, or just think roleplaying games sound like a lot of fun and you want to give them a try, Magical Kitties can be your first step into a larger world.
In Magical Kitties Save the Day, one player — known as the game master (GM) — has a very special role. They describe the world in which the magical kitties live to the other players and, when the kitties take action, they use the rules of the game to figure out what happens next.
Playing Magical Kitties is easy. You have 3 Attributes – Cute, Cunning, and Fierce. You also have a Talent, a Flaw, and a Magical Power. When your kitty is trying to do something difficult, you’ll build a pool of six-sided dice with:
- A number of dice equal to the attribute you’re using (Cute, Cunning, or Fierce)
- An extra die if you’re using your Talent
- Two extra dice if you’re using your Power
The game master sets a difficulty (a number from 3 to 6) and then you roll your dice pool. Each die that rolls equal to or higher than the difficulty is a success. The number of successes you rolled determines the outcome:
In Magical Kitties Save the Day, it’s not just a question of whether or not you succeed: It’s about how you succeed. The complications and bonuses generated by most outcomes drive the action forward in unexpected and exciting ways. You and your friends will discover the story together!
- Character generation takes just 5 minutes.
- The dice are always in the players’ hands, not the GM’s.
- Players get Kitty Treats that let them change the story. You earn Kitty Treats by roleplaying your Flaw.
- No one ever dies in Magical Kitties. If you take too many Owies, you get knocked out or otherwise “incapacitated” for the scene.
- You get XP every time you fail a roll. And for saving the day, of course!
What’s in the Box?
The standard version of Magical Kitties Save the Day includes everything you need to play the game.
- Magical Kitties Save the Day Rulebook
- The Big Adventure (solo comic book adventure)
- River City (hometown)
- River City poster map
- 6 blue dice
- 48 kitty treats
- Pad of 50 full color pre-printed character sheet
- Game box with shiny spot UV
- Velvety flocked interior tray
|Designer:||Matthew J. Hanson, Justin Alexander, Michelle Nephew|
|Producer:||Justin Alexander & Michelle Nephew|
|Artists:||Anthony Cournoyer, Ekaterina Kazartseva, Kat Baumann, Jason Bradley Thompson|
|Atlas Stock #:||AG3110|
|Format:||RPG boxed set|
|Number of Players:||2-6|
|Play Time:||1-2 hours|
|Release Date:||December 2020|